MODERNIZED SPANISH IN RARE, GATED LOS FELIZ ENCLAVE
3 Beds • 3.5 Baths • 2,725 SF • 14,134 SF Lot • RARE GATED STREET • GATED PROPERTY • $3,127,500 SOLD
5821 Valley Oak Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Highly sought-after location behind the Valley Oak Gate (at Canyon Drive). This exclusive part of Valley Oak Drive is home to many on the A-list, as well as those who seek to have it all in the heart of Los Feliz. Spanish Colonial Revival style mixes with today’s modern conveniences in this serene three bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom 2,725 sq.ft. home. An open floor plan (rare in a Spanish) allows living, dining, family, patios—and even the pool deck—to flow.
The home’s living room has a lofty, beamed ceiling atop banks of windows and doors opening to outdoor patios. Richly-toned hardwood floors start here and travel through most of the house. The centerpiece of the room is a fireplace with a large mantle. Custom draperies line the windows; sconces light the chalky white walls. Adjacent to the living room is the dining room, also with doors to an outside patio. Next to dining is the home’s family room and open kitchen. The gourmet-style kitchen features custom cabinets, marble-topped center island (with seating), and stainless-steel “see-through” Viking refrigerator, six-burner/twin oven stainless-steel Viking range and hood, and built-in coffee service. A pasta pot filler is incorporated into the backsplash behind the range. A dual-drawer stainless-steel Fisher Pakel dishwasher is next to the white porcelain farm-style sink.
The family room has a wall of custom-built shelves and window seats. A flat screen TV is in the center of this wall and is visible from the kitchen. A powder room sits near the home’s foyer.
A sunny master suite has a private balcony, window bench with views, walk-in wardrobe, and bathroom with soaking tub. Two other guest rooms are also en suite.
The property offers 14,134 sq.ft. of gated, secured land. “Double-gated” is a term not often seen in this price band; the street is gates as well as the property itself, by both a pedestrian gate and a driveway gate. The lot is fenced and hedged for ultimate privacy. Outdoors offers a variety of options: Sunny plunge pool with spa, covered, breezy indoor/outdoor patios, an outdoor living room with fireplace, an outdoor kitchen with outdoor dining area, and rolling, grassy lawns—a wonderland for kids and animal companions.
- Gated street, gated property
- Spanish Colonial Revival style
- Open floor plan (rare in a Spanish)
- Indoor-outdoor flow
- 3 bedrooms / 3.5 bathrooms
- Over 2,700 sq.ft. interior space
- Over 14,000 sq.ft. of land
- Beamed living room ceiling
- Richly-toned hardwood floors
- Custom draperies
- Gourmet-style kitchen
- Stainless-steel Viking appliances
- Built-in coffee service
- Family room with built-ins / media wall
- Powder room
- Master suite with built-ins, walk-in closet, and bathroom with soaking tub
- Guest rooms with dedicated bathrooms
- Plunge pool with spa
- Outdoor living area with fireplace
- Outdoor dining with outdoor kitchen
- Hedged and fenced for ultimate privacy
- Close to all the area’s offerings
Buyer to verify sq.ft. and permits
- Recent floor plan measurements: 2,725 sq.ft. main house w/additional 300 sq.ft. garage
- Public record: 2,341 sq.ft.
Annual HOA fee of $200 covers Valley Oak gate maintenance.